Our Alternative Provision Conference was a huge success.
Over eighty professionals from all career paths met together last Friday to discuss improving and expanding alternative provision. This was a uniquely, inspirational day filled with interesting workshops and ambitious guest speakers.
We ensured there were plenty of breaks for networking opportunities which it seems our delegates were very fond of, with many of them coming away with lists of contacts to report back to.
Huge thanks goes to our guest speakers:
- Cllr Karen Davis, Labour MP
- Claire Riseborough, Step into Tech
- Kath Wright, CDI
- Jamie Weatherhead, DfE
Another big thanks goes to those that held our three incredible workshops:
- Mental Health and Young People – Martha Russell and Sunny Smith @ Central Norfolk Youth Service
- Social Work and Behaviour Management – Tara Bliss-Appleton and Darren Chapman @ St Edmunds Society
- SkillsforSuccess: The Power of Mentoring – Laura Anderson and Zoë Mitchell @ UEA and Jo Gurvidi and Cerian Lye-Owens @ Villiers Park
A big thanks to student and performer CREEPZ and good friend SPARTA on the entertainment for our delegates after a lovely round of refreshments and networking. It certainly was quite the performance!
We thank the Reverend Jane Hedges from Norwich Cathedral and all staff that were there to support us for the first planning of the event and for on the day.
Feedback from the entire day was extremely positive so thank you to all that attended.
When posting on social media ensure to use the hashtag #APConference2018 – looking forward to the next conference already!
Don’t forget to read the EDP article on the day here!