Alternative Provision: Pathways to Excellence Conference
Friday 23rd February 2018 – Norwich Cathedral
Join us for a day of advice and workshops on Alternative Education Provision at The Weston Room, Norwich Cathedral
About The Event
St-Eds has delivered alternative provision for over a decade and is continuing on building strong relationships with local providers and schools. This conference will provide you with the opportunity to think about what the sector does and how it contributes to the education of thousands of young people.
Alternative provision offers a flexible and practical education for many young people. If you deliver alternative provision to mainstream education this conference is designed to help you identify barriers and solutions to ensure you are offering the highest quality alternative learning provision possible.
Key Issues To Be Addressed
- Developing a unique approach to the education and training requirements of young people.
- Examining which methods we can use to provide effective post-16 destinations.
- Developing innovative strategies for benchmarking and monitoring in-line with sector standards.
Benefits Of Attending
- Opportunity to network with other providers.
- Gain understanding of how to implement methods of easing pupils’ transitions between mainstream schools, alternative providers, FE colleges and employment.
- Examine methods of providing post-16 destinations.
We will be running three workshops during the day and visitors will be able to attend two from the following:
Workshop 1: Skills4Success – The Power of Mentoring
Laura Anderson & Jo Gurvidi (UEA & Villiers Park Educational Trust)
Focusing on approaches to successful mentoring based on the National Scholars Programme.
Workshop 2: Social Work & Behaviour Management
Tara Bliss-Appleton, Welfare Manager & Social Worker at St-Eds
Integrating professional pastoral support into alternative provision.
Workshop 3: Mental Health
Martha Russell & team from Central Norfolk Youth Service
Discussing mental health and the focus on young people in Norfolk.
We are pleased to announce the following guest speakers at the event:
Kath Wright – CDI New Careers Strategy
Jamie Weatherhead – Department for Education
Stuart Rimmer – Principal of East Coast College