This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Norfolk’s most energetic charities who are on the search for enthusiastic volunteers to expand the provision. St Edmunds Society is a charity recognised for the dedication and influence they have towards supporting young people to gain vocational education to boost their employability.
We support disadvantaged young people aged 14-25 in the local community, providing them with opportunities and meaningful qualifications to give them a chance at a better future. St-Eds supports these young people in making positive attributes to their lives and helping them to boost their confident to move on to new and exciting opportunities. St-Eds work in partnership with local schools and academies to engage young people in alternative provision.
We are recruiting volunteer ‘Tutor Assistants’ to get stuck in with the students and teach them skills or a trade in one of the following areas.
- Painting and Decorating
- Motorbike Mechanics
- Hair and Beauty
We are looking for someone who has the desire to support the charity in delivery of vocational skills, supporting and motivating young people with a positive attitude. The ideal candidate will have experience of working with young people and be able to create fun and interesting ways to learn.
Duties will include
- Supporting the Tutors in delivery of teaching
- Motivating and encouraging students in their vocational learning
- Assisting with practical work as directed
- Encouraging good working practices and to be aware of health and safety
- Maintaining tools and equipment as directed
- Wearing appropriate PPE (provided by the society)
- Assisting with break and lunch time cover duties
- Maintaining areas to a high standard (tidiness, clean)
- Undertaking in-house training as required and where appropriate
- All appointments are subject to satisfactory reference checks and DBS checks (provided by the society).
- Appropriate Covid-19 policies and procedures are in place to keep all staff and students safe.
If this is something you are interested in we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch with Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 622035.